Monday 14 May 2018

She's Electric

Long time no post! I've been a bit busy lately moving house, so not exactly loads of mini progress to report, but here are some pics of the car in its new garage.

(Not nearly as spacious as my previous garage/workshop which I'm sure I will sorely miss, but at least this one is built of brick with a proper roof!)

40865760041_502d839807_o.jpg

I had a day last weekend working on the electrics with my Dad (who is an electrician), and managed to turn the engine over a little on the starter motor. All good so far. No more engine progress on the engine as I'm waiting for an oil pressure meter to arrive so I can make sure I'm getting oil pressure.

Have been reading all I can about first start procedures, but honestly finding the whole thing mind boggling since there are so many opposing expert views on the subject. :S

40865760261_7d4d89a915_o.jpg

As far as electrics are concerned, the situation is as follows:

Headlights dipped: working
Headlights main beam: working
Sidelights: working
Indicators: lamps working but missing flasher unit (on order)
Rear lights: working
Brake lights: working
Reversing lights: working
Hazards: working
Horn: working
Wipers: basically working but a bit weak
Washer pump: working
Heater fan: working but catching heater body, needs a tweak :( 
Fuel pump: working, wired to inertia switch for safety.

39972034405_a204f3658f_o.jpg

Have also tried filling the clutch reservoir up and bleeding, but hey ho the only old union left in the circuit leaked, so now waiting for a new pipe to come. Not holding out much hope for the brakes because I have reused most of the old pipework. Have a feeling I may end up replacing some/all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment