Monday 31 January 2011

You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off.

So anyway, I thought I'd better tackle the door post. The inner piece (originally part of the inner wing?) had to go because it was a MESS, and I ended up chopping off the lip around the door recess with it. Observe:


Then I made a new one!


Welded in:


Then with the new inner wing clamped in, I could make a cardboard template for this bit. You can probably buy this piece ready made, but since its just a flat shape with a couple of holes, I decided it would be cheaper and not too difficult to make myself.


I started cutting out the steel, but by this time its was so freezing in the garage I called it a day. So heres the 'car' (if it can be called that at the moment) as it currently stands. Enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment