Sunday 22 May 2011

Booty Call

While waiting for the paint to dry on the new inner wing today, I set about the boot floor. Briefly entertained the thought of trying to repair this panel rather than replacing the whole thing. The more I poked at it though, the more it became clear it was destined for the bin.



From here it is now much easier to assess the state of the heel board. While it looks repairable from the inside, the outside has mostly disintegrated so that will also be getting the chop in the near future.



As I will be also taking out the arches and quarters at some stage, I'm going to invest in some more lengths of steel angle this week to brace the back of the car diagonally. I noticed its not too difficult to flex it around a bit, and the last thing I want is a bent mini!

No comments:

Post a Comment