Monday, 30 May 2011

Winging It: Part Deux

Despite my little injury, I managed to get the stuff done that I wanted to do this weekend. Here is the new inner wing with all holes drilled, clamped up and 'carefully' hammered into place ready for welding.

A few plug welds later:

Looking OK from the inside:

Grinding: DONE.

A dusting of etch primer on the bare bits.

Then, just as a precaution, I roughly welded a few more steels across the shell. I'm planning to keep all the bits these are welded to, so they can stay in place while most of the stuff around them gets replaced or repaired.

Hopefully the triangular structure will hold some rigidity when I remove the old heel board. I think thats probably the next job on the list. I'll mull it over this week and see if there is anything else I need to do first.

No comments:

Post a Comment