Sunday 26 August 2012

Front Mission


Quick update but nothing very exciting to report. Just continuing with the resto of my second hand lower front panel. More rust repairs were needed than I first thought, but its starting to come together now. I have removed just about every spot welded fitting for de-rusting, and also chopped out the bits with bad pitting. New metal has gone in where needed.



The whole thing will be coated with Ku-Rust, but I did these bits first so I can start welding the parts back on over the top.



I've made up new number plate brackets and new bits where the front panel joins the inner wings.



It will also need a bit of attention with the panel hammer to smooth out some dents. Should be worth the effort though because the money I have saved on this will pay for the floor panels I need. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment