Sunday 3 March 2013

Front End Work Begins


Got a good block of time in the garage this weekend, and as a result... we now have rear companion bins!


Fitting was all standard stuff so I didn't take any photos of the process. Now, onto rebuilding the front end. 

First things first: a small modification to the roll over jig front bulkhead mount was required to prevent the scaffolding pole from fouling the slam panel. Here is the thing beforehand...


...and here it is with some extra height welded into the joint.


This means I can fit the front end with the car still on the jig. Hooray.


I brought the front subby down to check the alignment of the mounting points on the front panel. So far so good. I think I will leave the subframe in place while I fettle the front end panels together to make sure things line up nicely. 


In other news, I've been cleaning and de-rusting the rest of the front suspension components. Not much to see yet as everything is soaking in bucket-fulls of malt vinegar, (thanks to minifcd on the mini forum for the tip!) but hopefully a decent amount of bits and bobs will be worth saving. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment