Long time no post again. The mini has been firmly on the back burner of late because of the arrival of this guy...
...our awesome son Sebastian, born on 8/9/13!
Before Seb was born though, I managed to get the A panels on. Lip was bent around using mole grips, a rag and a block of wood.
All welded up.
Unfortunately, I may have made a boo boo on the drivers side. I cut out a section of the flitch lip early on in the project because I thought I needed to. I realised just recently (after fitting the A panel) that I think I was wrong to do that because the door hinges now won't fit in the gap. AAARGGH. The A panel may well have to come off again to fix the problem.
I also added some factory-style finishing pieces to connect the A panel to the wings.