Sunday 12 December 2010

Aug 8 2010

Quite boring progress I'm afraid. Continuing the strip down and getting ready to lift the engine out.

Back end stripped, more rot discovered. Joy!


Heater thingy out, bits of trim out, mouldy soundproofing out, pedals disconnected and taken out, (ARGH! V. DIFFICULT!) hole in floor enlarged in frustration:


Carb out. Filthy. Will rebuild later.


Ht leads, coil, solenoid, starter motor, washer bottle out.

Also drained brakes and clutch. Tried to do attach a pipe to bleed nipples. Didn't work. Fluid everywhere. Must be doing it wrong.

Looking a bit emptier!


Next job is to drain the rad and block, disconnect the transmission, and then out comes the engine (I think!). I almost sound like I know what I'm talking about, right?! All I need now is a second garage to store all this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment